Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ice Road Update

Hi Everyone...

Leonard now has a road in, but to date, it only goes to Queer Island, and not all the way down.
Ice conditions have not been that good. I was out today to have a look, and the road is good to Strawberry, but after that, not so good. I'm sure everyone can understand with all this mild weather we have been having. It sure is a longer way out to camp, coming in off the hwy at Matheson Bay, then following the road to PowWow Island. Seems much longer to me. The roads are narrow in some spots, so you sure have to take it easy. As for the ice road itself, as I said, up to Strawberry its good, after that lots of slush. Will try to keep you updated as much as I can. Hope to talk to Leonard again this week to see if anything new has developed for access onto the lake. Will also be checking out what is happening with a road over Treaty Island.

Sharon

No comments: