Friday, December 11, 2009

Ice Update

This past week has been awesome weather for making ice.Our temps have been a little warmer than Wpg's, but we caught up this morning with a -26c. On the 10th I checked ice thickness At our landing and had 5.5" more than enough for a snowmobile BUT this year the lake stayed open in sections. I'm only guessing but I think these sections may only have 2-3" and I'm not about to venture out to check!
I have heard people are on sleds in Welcome channel and 4" ice @ Wolf Island on Manitou side.After this weekend I will take out the snowmobile and start checking ice thickness in our area.

1 comment:

peter thiessen said...

debbie ,,, you keep i'm eye on him ,,, there is a history here ,,, and you can't go rescue him out of wherever he's gone down ??? ric don't be to risky ,,, wait till you see someone out there on there sleds ,,, take care ,,, pt