Sunday, May 3, 2020

Made it to Barepoint Marina today

The wind in past 30 hours has moved a lot of ice around.  I made it from our place to Cat Island before I saw any ice, and it was only size football field. Had to travel West side Lunny’s Island to get around ice in Bigstone, it’s white and solid, heard Al Smith says another week before his bay ice free.
The route into Bald Indian Bay is only 40’ wide from shore to ice, looked weird building boarded up no boats, no people working eerie! Matheson Bay also plugged with ice, when we go shopping tomorrow will have to go through Manitou to reach gap. Our truck is still sitting in quarantine at Barepoint so tomorrow we have to do everything by boat. I was told to contact Barepoint once we are boating and they will advise if I can get my truck out. Still no word on when they will open. Will post when Bigstone open and or Marina

No comments: