Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Snowmobile to Ministry Landing today

 

Made my first trip into town today by snowmobile. The 8” block ice is from my landing.  Met a friend who came in from south side of Barrier islands he said checked ice all way in least amount was 6” he was driving a Jeep back down the lake. Saw a couple 3/4 ton trucks heading south from Strawberry Portage.There were 2 pressure ridges from my place to tip of Queer isl. from there to Town 3 more. With worst in Matheson Bay but you run parallel to that one. For most part 1” snow on the ice and in places wind blown so bare ice. There is not enough snow for boys to plow yet. My truck is still in Lockdown at Barepoint Marina. We need snow to fill in the rocks at Tip of Queer if it wasn’t for that I could bring CRV down to island. Safe travels and check ice often in your travels.

1 comment:

peter thiessen said...

ice roads by january 2021 ??? can't wait ,,, pt