Monday, April 22, 2024

1 st boat ride season

 Yesterday I launched both boats and took them for spin. I made it to Green Bouy E 27 just short Bald Island. It’s black rotten ice as far as can see towards Queer Island. Today’s forecast has rain and tomorrow is gusty winds, both should help get rid ice. If you were to boat from Keewatin there is only 1/4 mile of ice preventing you from reaching Scotty’s beach. Welcome Channel still iced in. When I took truck off ice I dragged 2 large boulders off shore and spotted them for floating dock anchors on Scotty’s Island just North and West of Day Marker. One sunk last week the other is still sitting on ice ! Laurenson Lake still 75% ice cover, with all that being said should make Barepoint on Saturday April 27, 2 days past my April 25 prediction. But don’t pack coolers just yet I’ll post when I get home from Barepoint 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update!

peter thiessen said...

Lots of great pictures from the lake this time of year ,,, I may never see ,,, so thanks for those and the water/ice conditions